Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Restless Soul

Oh world you have beguiled me,
Seized my soul and enticed me,
Providing me with luxuries,
Dismissing my worldly worries.
Yet my soul is constantly restless.
My journey of life almost aimless.
Oh soul, what is it that you yearn,
More desires that you need to earn.
Sucked in the ocean of perplexity,
Drowning in the depths of complexity,
Seeking for an answer and a remedy,
Nothing around seems to be plenty,
Straining to achieve inner ease,
Attempting to reach and appease.
Oh world have you not a solution,
Provide my soul with a resolution.
Your enjoyments leave my heart empty,
Happiness can no longer be seen clearly.
Oh soul, why are you constantly crying,
This alluring world has left you sighing,
Now you realize the world’s been unfaithful,
Repenting, turning to Allah, being hopeful,
Doors of your heart are wide open,
Your tears beginning to form an ocean,
Allah knows what his servants want
Allow your soul not to be daunt,
Allah likes to hear his servants ask
And he makes easy your difficult task.
Oh world my soul does not require you,
Now my soul you have been answered too…
“Surely by Allah's remembrance are the hearts set at rest.” (13:28)

1 comment:

StrivingSoul said...

Salaams
That was truly beautiful - welcome to the land of the blogger..